Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Wednesday, March 10, 2004

What Kind of Violence Do You Like?

Many months ago, I accidentally gave away FIGHT CLUB to a respected co-worker. I kidded myself, thinking, she'll forget what I said and watch the movie unscathed. Well, of course I was wrong. When at last she saw FIGHT CLUB, she was thinking about the ending the whole time she watched, but she still she liked it. So I'm not that bad. Right? Anyway, this lead to a fun discussion. I confessed to my co-worker that I'm starting to enjoy movie violence more and more. My co-worker and I both enjoyed watching martial arts, but we split on fist fights, explosions, and guns. My co-worker wondered, how come she was creeped out when one of the pirates in PIRATES OF THE CARRIBEAN kept losing his eye and popping in back in, when she was totally cool with the "fact" that he was a bunch of raw bones?

Violence that I like to watch:
swordings
fist fighting and brawling
elegantly choreographed martial arts
people getting wacked in the back of the head by surprise
violent use of non-weapons, such as phones and cookware (except for power tools)
ladies kneeing guys in the groin
ladies kicking people
pinching (not much pinching in cinema, too bad)
Russell Crowe(notwithstanding Romper Stomper)

Violence I don't like:
icky stabbings (not like swordings at all)
eye poking
chain sawings and other power toolings
bone breaking
shootings
blowing ups
burnings and boilings
strangulatings
poisionings

What kind of violence do you like?