Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Monday, November 21, 2005

Where You Been So Long?

What with cleaning out my desk and avoiding a truthful financial reckoning, I've neglected my blog.

Yes, I started my new job last week. But the big news is that I'm going to see Grandma for Thanksgiving. Since she's incredibly old, I figure I ought to interview her. She's not sure about all this interview stuff. Perhaps she's right and not just falsely modest. Just because you've lived for nearly a century doesn't mean you have anything to say. Still, I have to give it a try.

This weekend, Addie and Yoko taught me how to knit. I may not have the patience for it in the long run, but I've enjoyed it the last few days.

I also learned to enjoy whiskey. I used to associate the aroma of whiskey with the kind of old men who'd ask you to sit on their laps so they could show you a card trick, but this weekend I learned that Jack Daniels blends miraculously with lemonade and Trader Joe's sparkling blueberry juice. Move over, vodka.

Well, it's out into the rain for me.