Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Thursday, September 13, 2007

On Beauty

I can't help it. I'm a sucker for that Queen Latifah make-up line. She's black. I'm black. She's big. I'm big. Of course I should buy whatever snake oil she's hawking. If only I understood how to use cosmetics. In my hands, eye shadow and liners makes my eyes look beady. Mascara has no effect. The only thing I understand in tweezers. Two eyebrows good. One long eyebrow bad. Comma shaped eyebrows bad.

As I was trying to find a link for my favorite beauty bargain, I stumbled upon an interesting move in ethnic marketing. Mixed Chicks hair care products. What's next? Light Skinded Chicks make-up? Seriously, though, this Mixed Chicks stuff seems like a good idea, because the waxy oils and industrial adhesive-like gels that might work for my hair really hide the beauty of looser curls.

If Trader Joe's Spa Nourish weren't so inexpensive and gentle, I might try this mixed stuff myself.