Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Friday, January 04, 2008

Back to the Gym

Yesterday I actually went back into the gym--the gym that's been deducting fees from my paycheck even though I hadn't set foot in it since, oh, August.

It was really boring. Sure, I feel better now than I would if I'd skipped the 25 minutes of elliptical machine drudgery, but just to be on the safe side, I'm going to research some mental tricks to keep me exercising for the long haul.

I'll add weight lifting to my next gym visit.

The best fitness news is that I found the perfect yoga video for me. It's called Yoga for the Rest of Us, and it features a community center full of geriatric practitioners who occasionally steady themselves with chairs. Some people might be inspired by standard yoga videos in which perfect specimens contort themselves on sunset-lit Hawaiian beaches. I'm the kind of person who's more heartened by a gaggle of determined yet wobbly geezers and a forty-year old dude in tights.