Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Friday, May 21, 2004

The Creamy Menace Strikes Again

I thought I was safe when I ordered a chicken kabob sandwich from an old reliable middle eastern food truck, but then I unwrapped the alumnimum foil and took a bite. It hit me, the unmistakeably creamy tang of that nasty pale condiment. Another non-Western fast food outlet has succumb to laziness and conformity. I returned to the truck and gently confronted the vendor.
"What's that sauce on my sandwich?" I asked.
"Oh, that's a garlic sauce." he smiled shiftily.
This is a typical ploy. They try to trick you with "garlic", "spicy sauce" and "aioli." But I kept looking at him until at last...
"Okay, it's m-------------." he confessed, then hastily prepared another sandwich for me with a proper middle eastern sauce, hummus.

Can't I order food anymore without having to ask, like someone obsessed, "does that have any m%^$#@*@#@*#@* in it?" It has already slimed its way into sushi. What's next, mu shu chicken?