Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Friday, June 18, 2004

My Name Ain't Condoleezza

It turns out that guy number 2 from the spring street experience is a poor reader(among other things) or just oblivious. My profile said I'm looking for a left of center guy. Maybe he took the word as an indication of global position, always relative. Anyway, after a tolerable dining experience, in which he droned on about conference calls and failed to name any hobbies or interests, we were walking around the city when an eager young man in a DNC t-shirt asked us if we wanted to beat Bush in November.

(simultaneously)
Me: Yes!
Guy #2: No!

And then, would you believe, he whips out his Republican party membership card. Yes, he's a carrier! Sorry, but I just can't swing that way.

Regretably, I held his hand after much cajoling. If I'm hanging out with white people and someone else doesn't like it, then they can fuck off, but with this guy, the dirty looks from my brotherly loving neighbors made me feel, well, dirty.

This guy wants to go out with me again. Perhaps I'll reply with this quote from Elvis Costello:
"Good manners and bad breath will get you nowhere."

Yeah, well, dating makes one bitchy.