Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

Saved by Robots and Warrior Cells

Okay, here's what's what. Lots of stuff is happening, but it's mostly too mental, even for this blog. I am working to uncoil many circular thoughts.

I stopped an incipient cold by imagining that tiny warriors were swording germs in my bloodstream. Even ignoring their size, the warriors didn't look like me, which may not be very empowered. This leads me to think I should study a martial art so I can imagine microscopic mes fighting my germs. Martial Arts is definitely a class that I wouldn't normally take, and that means there could be straight guys there. Somehow, this train of thought seems ironic.

Mom is safely back in MN. While she was here, her talk frequently ran to the value of a spouse and children during old sickness. Having such thoughts in the back of my head as I try to meet guys may not be helpful, but frankly, if it wasn't for the distant need to have someone trustworthy to keep my bed sores to a minimum and make sure no one's plundering my life savings, I could survive single and childless, so long as I have money. I decided that in the future, there will be a robot advanced enough to care for me in my twilight years. These future robots will boost my present day guy meeting aplomb and boost my F U power against my brother. More irony, more paradox?

Labor day morning. Watching six episodes of Sailor Moon, a show I'd never watched before, raised the following questions that I know I shouldn't ask:
Howcome the first thing that happens to Sailor Moon during her hero transformation is a manicure?
These girls are in junior high school? Er, what's up with that?
If they're in Tokyo, then why does almost everybody look white?
What's with that Chad character's accent? Canadian Surfer Brit?
Giant drops of sweat!?

Labor day afternoon. I chose to walk against the flow through the Ikea showroom. I also went against the faux grain of the store by being completely single and not having a car. They were out of lingonberry soda and the rug I wanted. I also went to Target and did not buy a copy of People magazine.