Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Thursday, August 19, 2004

What Color is Your Paradox

(this post is tune enhanced! it is also too long to be shown in its entirety)
Many career change guides instruct you to visualize your dream job with everything you could ever want. Until recently, this excercise would give me a high school math test headache, because I was scared that I would get it wrong. The moment I would start to vis, some mental nasty would issue a "you can't do that!" and stink up the place. No more. Now I can visualize through the stink. So here are the Dream Jobs. (feel free to hum Dreamgirls theme song as you read)
Heiress
Sorceress (only evil when provoked)
Mattress Tester
Super Genius
Mrs. Hart--she's gorgeous
Executive Producer, television

Dreamyknees: Executive Producer! Yeah, that's it.
Nastyknees: Hello!
Dreamyknees: What it is now?
Nastyknees: You already fucked that one up, remember? Remember?!?!

Long ago, when I was a couple of years out of college and on a vacation from my brief stint in the alternative media funding field, I actually met with the Executive Producer of one of my favorite programs in one of my favorite cities. (imagine harps playing as you click here for the whole shebang)