Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Friday, October 29, 2004

Papilla Alternatives

Sage inspired me to come up with alternatives to one of my least favorite words, nipple. It's a shame that such a fine part has such an ugly name.
Papilla's not doing it for me. Protuberances reminds me of potatoes.
mammilla? too zoological
Dots? Buttons? too cutesy
Acorns? too nutty
Bling? too trendy
Embossings? too formal
Minarets? Sacrilegious and too tall, I think
Steeples? same probem as minarets, and not much better than nipples
Spires? maybe
Turrets? intimidating. Architecture's not helping me. How about geography?
Promentories! No!
convexities? looks good, but doesn't exactly roll off the tongue (hee)
Culminations? Who do you think you are, missy?

It looks like I'm stuck with nipples. English may fail me (or vice versa), but at least I'm not German.

Whatever you are, your Friday night is going much better than mine!