Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Thursday, January 27, 2005

Bewitched Reference

Here's my two part question of the day.

Part I: Would you try a love potion?
One of the librarians passes Harry's Occult Shop all the time and overhears people praising the love potion (It really works. You gotta be careful with that stuff). I said, wouldn't you be willing to give such a potion a try? She was like, no way. She'd never even been in the store and she's lived here forever. Even I'd been in there once.

Part II: How much would you spend to attract a lover?
I asked the librarian mentioned above if she would, say, spend 25 bucks. She said no. I said, come one, you wouldn't, like, buy a sweater or something with the aim of attracting someone? No, she only buys fashions to suit herself. To do otherwise, she said, is "crazy."

I'm really looking forward to some answers. Don't be shy. You need not state your name or even your blog name.

What Lead to These Questions
Today, a white witch (not just a Caucasian, probably not even a Narnian) and some skinny guy with a soul patch stopped by the reference desk under a cloud of patchouli. First Soul Patch asked where the religion section was. When the witch cut to the chase and asked for new age and occult, Soul Patch got all paranoid and started to snap at her, until the librarian demonstrated that he didn't give a poop if they were witches. I went about my business.

When I returned later, the witch and her friend were gone, but the patchouli was still there, so I asked the librarian what the deal was.

The white witch had some "issues", not the least of which was her companion, Soul Patch. Apparently, the guy is "evil." His manners were certainly atrocious. In spite of being "evil" and a "sociopath," the white witch also described this guy as "noble." Evil and noble--a great combination.