Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Biped Inner Dialog

I found two new ways to kill time, running and Netflix friends.

Netflix friends makes you spend more time looking at netflix to see what your friends liked and try to find something cool to recommend to them that they haven't seen before.

This morning, I thought, enough with the planning and worrying about how to do it right. I can run. I got new shoes. I'm a biped, dang it.

Some website said that I should start by trying to run 20 minutes. I made it to 4.

(minute 2)
Heart: Why are you doing this to me?
Will: It's good for you.
Heart: Bullshit! This sucks.
Will: 8 more minutes then we turn around.
Legs and butt: Ooo! Ashy remembers us.
Heart: You are all insane!

(minute 4)
Brain: This is boring. If we were at home, I could snooze and listen to NPR. Now all I get to do is avoid ice and poo.
Heart: Is this pain normal?
Will: You call that pain?
Brain: That's just discomfort...maybe.
Heart: Discomfort my ass!
Butt: Whoo hoo. Not in desk chair!
Heart: Walk!
Everyone: Okay.
Will: I suck.
Brain: No, it's just the first day. At least we're walking. Maybe walking is better, but it takes up more time.
Heart: I hate you all!

(entering the shower)
Heart: Do we have to do that again?
Will: We should.
Brain: I told you we don't like that stuff. We didn't like it in high school. We only did it for the team, remember? Are we doing this for the right reasons, or are we conforming? Is it all vanity, or...
Heart: I feel really mellow right now.
Limbs: Nice!
Brain: Oh, yeah. This is the good part.I have to remember this next time you start complaining, Heart.
Will: Yeah, Heart.
Heart: Don't mess with the mellow.