Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

Tool Usage

Today I learned that I'm not the only person my age who doesn't know what's a curse word anymore. That was the other inappropriate topic I discussed with my office mates this afternoon.

Consider these words and sentences: bitch, dork, boobs, schmucky, That sucks. What a tool. We're screwed. Don't touch my nuts. Bite me.

Then there are the new tricky combo terms that seem like cursing even though they contain pretty safe words, such as "butt wipe"; words who's profanity seem somehow lessened when combined with safer words, as in "man boobs"; and nasty British expressions that seem shagadelicly tame to us.

Ever since someone said "penis breath" in E.T., the definition of foul language has dissolved.