Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Kaiser Chiefs Were Wrong

Potty Balloon over Piggyback
Potty Balloon over Piggyback,
originally uploaded by ashyknees.
Some band that the kids are into opened Live 8 Philly with a song called "I Predict A Riot." It was a catchy little number, but it turned out to be far from the spirit of the day. I saw precious little consciousness raising about our role in Africa's troubles, but there was a great sense of collective fun. If only America could send around the world more of the fun we generate. (What an American thing to say!)

As long as I can scope out a couple of escape routes, I love crowds. I feel much more alive in a crowd. I draw energy from them. I can't pass by a marathon without being nearly moved to tears of joy.

Before I met up with friends, I followed some Lois Lane urges and asked a guy with a One beach ball how he got it, what time he had arrived, etc., When we parted I said, "Good for you!" like I was some roving morning talk show field reporter.

I only got to spend a few minutes with Shasta, but latter I met up with Yoko and Lipby. It was great navagating the throng with them.