Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Friday, June 10, 2005

Mental Hygiene

By breathing deeply and remembering "this too shall pass," I managed to let my new dentist give me a novocaine injection without completely freaking out yesterday. My wonderful new dentist recommends that I take a valium before my next intense session of dental work.

To those of you who look down on such pharmaceutical problem solving, I must say that a valium would have done me a world of good in dealing with what happened after my new dentist did her thing.

Following my crown work appointment, I was supposed to have my regularly scheduled teeth cleaning, but because of a paperwork SNAFU on the part of this office, I couldn't get it done. So instead of melting down over having a big scary needle repeatedly jabbed into the side of my face, I had melt-down over having a big incompetent dental bureaucracy repeatedly screw with my head.