Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Monday, May 29, 2006

Go to the Store on Route 64

Route 64 is my new favorite bus route. On Sunday, I wanted to make my way to Boxstoreland, so I took the only route I knew: trolley to broadstreet line, then transfer to the 79 bus. But while I was making the perilous pedestrian crossing from Ikeaworld to ACMooreville, I noticed a 64 bus rolling through one of the massive parking lot. Could it be the very same 64 that runs only a block away from my apartment? Yes indeed, it is.

As I waited and waited for my 64 bus in bus swelter, er shelter, between the Walmart and the Home Depot, I thought, my goodness, if I had a car, I'd never know this little microcosm of the city existed. I would have never learned how the waiting passengers knew to turn shopping carts on their sides and use them as benches. I would have never wondered why so many insisted on sitting in the official shelter when it was at least 15 degrees cooler across the driveway. I would have been at home in ignorant comfort.

Usually, a bus ride that runs from a Walmart through a number of "transitional" neighborhoods, would make for some great eavesdropping. But the best thing I heard on this ride was a cursing lady telling someone that if she came home to find the laundry not done, then someone would be out on the street. It's a good thing I never lived with her, or I'd be homeless by now.

Also, there's a new candy that comes in a plastic container that you can clip to your wasteband. It has sparkles right there in the candy!

(see, I told you I'd be writing more stuff.)