Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Monday, November 12, 2007

Earning My Keep

The last couple of weeks have been mad busy here at the office. While I didn't have time for blogging, I did enjoy some weekend activities.

A couple of weekends ago, I saw American Gangster with Trix. I guess I'm with the imdb goof squad on the Wu-Tang Clan tattoo that RZA (since I'm watching the same movies as my mom and otherwise turning into an old lady, I almost called him The RZA) was sporting in one scene. While I was watching the film, I thought, wow, maybe there was some kind of old school Wu Tang thing going on in the late 60s/early 70s, perhaps inspired by a martial arts movie or something, but after the movie had ended and my suspended disbelief had landed, I couldn't find anything to justify this anachronistic gaff. Russell Crowe's coiffure, however, was ruthlessly period accurate. Not since he shaved his head for Romper Stomper has he made such a hairstyle sacrifice. That's dedication.

I was in NY for a day last week and it was okay. I was happy to discover Miss Jessie's Curl Pudding at a Ricky's in(near?) Hell's Kitchen. I also discovered the pleasures of anchovy fried rice. Later I visited Miss Jessie's website and was inspired by their natural hair how-tos and before and after pictures. There is hope in a jar.

More discoveries, Chinese Radish and some kind of asian pear that begins with "v."

P.S. The Asian pear actually begins with a Y. It's the Yoinashi. That means good noshing.

This weekend, I visited a friend and her baby. I painted a picture of an acorn squash. It too was okay, for a beginner.