Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Monday, January 07, 2008

Another Year Older, Still in Debt

On this birthday, my thoughts swirl around the toilet bowl that is my financial situation. Okay, maybe it's not as bad as all that. I am crawling out of more holes than I am digging. Still, I've got to return to the vigilance I had before the holidays hit (Presents for everyone! One cake for pride, the other for shame! Shopping at Whole Paycheck for New Years meat!). Weekly financial goals, monthly financial goals, that sort of thing. I was doing well for a while, but I got comfortable and smug. Soon I was coasting, and now it's like I'm back to my goofus twenty something habits. At least I had the foresight to tuck away some moneys for the Christmas carnage. So, more ant, less grasshopper!

I must plot out concrete steps toward increasing my income. All my efforts at cutting expenses do nothing to erase the fact that the cost of living rises faster than my modest wages. The rent is going up soon (not enough to make it worthwhile to move this year). I'd like to have the internet at home so I can write this crap at my leisure instead of on breaks.

Wasn't that a fun post?