Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

The Purpose of Anger

Anger serves a purpose. It alerts me to dangers in my environment. Sometimes it sends out a false alarm. Sometimes the alarm is warranted, but the rational part of me can't perceive the danger, like a dog owner shrugging when her dog appears to be barking at nothing. While it would be foolish to go ballistic every time I felt a bit hotheaded, it would be equally foolish to ignore these warning signals for the sake of politics and propriety.

Instead of letting my brain stew in a pressure cooker of someone else’s making, I am going to analyze my anger and pinpoint its sources. Once I have found the sources of my rage, I am going to write about them here, unless they are "personal."

One source of my anger is the idea that I'm not supposed to get angry.