Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Monday, September 01, 2008

Hey, Fever

Hey, Fever! Leave this kid alone.

Loratadine (Claritin) was my go-to allergy relief drug, protecting me from cat dander without making me loopy, but this season it hasn't had much effect. I suspect that the batch of store brand loratadine that I purchased from a certain hometown discount box retailer was cut with fillers, because it hasn't done a thing against my recent allergy attack. Fortunately, I also have some loratadine packaged for a certain national drug store chain based in Rhode Island. It seems to be working a little better.

Like a certain malt liquor, diphenhydramine (Benedryl) works every time. It also knocks me out, and when I wake up I'm moodier than a middle school kid under a full moon.

I will try cetirizine (Zyrtec) next. If that doesn't help, I'll try to score some Allegra from my GP.