Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Friday, September 25, 2009

Too Cheap (Broke) to Be Social

I might have to put my plans to mix and mingle on hold until pay day. Even the low-end meetup.com activities aren't free.

I'm starting to think about these things in terms of cost effectiveness. I don't use paid online dating services, and now I'd better be even more particular about how I spend my relationship dollars. Yes, I said it. Relationship dollars.

From a pure relationship perspective, I've seen little return on investment from my museum membership. I have yet to meet anyone new at the museum. Perhaps if I had some dates at the museum, that membership would begin to pay off.

The movie meetup.com group doesn't seem very cost-effective either. Yes, I love movies and talking about movies, but movie-going doesn't lend itself to meeting people. 2 hours and almost $10 later (if I can resist the popcorn), will I have gotten to know anyone? Maybe I should stick to going to bargain matinees by myself or with friends.

Then there's drinks. I should only buy soft drinks at social events from now on.