Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Monday, July 19, 2004

Double Bus Dutch

I rode five, count them, five different buses this weekend. That took me dangerously close to by bus riding limit, but it was worth it. I, too, attended the annual BBQ in the Bronx, hosted by the lovely Quiconque and her small brown family. As usual, the mix of food, music and people was excellent. I met preservationists, martial artists, a new toddler (new to me) and even more librarians. I saw friends from my college days. To make it even better, Yoko was there. I love it when friendship circles do the Venn thing. Although no one got to take home any stray cats this year, the BBQ was a stone cold grove.

On Sunday, after gorging on free food and cable at the Quiconque compound, I bussed to Manhattan for dinner with an old friend from my days in the education department the American Museum of the Moving Image, the only museum I know that has an Urkel doll in its collection. This friend has moved on to much bigger and dare I say better museums.
 
The final bus ride home was remarkably quiet and odor free.