Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Monday, October 04, 2004

Shameless Consumerism: 7 UP Plus

As an experiment in writing doo dads, I present Shameless Consumerism. In these Shameless Consumerism posts, I will review a completely unnecessary product for you, my huge readership.

The first product is 7 UP Plus.

"If you're really thirsty, drink water," my fuddy dud Dad used to tell kid me whenever I'd plead for a soft drink. He'd probably tell me that if I need vitamins and other nutrients, I should eat a variety of natural foods. Perhaps he never dreamed that one day we'd have 7 UP Plus.

Before 7 UP Plus, the new berry flavored clear sodas tempted me, but I resisted because I couldn't find any diet versions. As if the folks in 7 UP labs were reading my mind with some device hidden in the Wawa beverage section, 7 UP Plus is made with Splenda. To up the clear soda ante even further, they fortified the stuff.

What does 7 UP Plus taste like? Imagine a chewable children's vitamin made liquid and effervescent. If that doesn't sound appetizing to you, consider how many kids OD on those tasty Hanna Barbera shaped pills.