Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Monday, November 01, 2004

I Heart Halloween v. Co-Ed Sluts

I'm glad I saw I Heart Huckabees this weekend. The movie didn't always work, but I was entertained from brain to toe. How come foreign actors make such good Americans (Mr. Law's occasional accent flubs notwithstanding)? No, it's not because we're a nation of imigrants. I smell a commonwealth conspiracy.

Zanti recently brought up the issue of sexy Halloween costumes. My old college roommate and I strolled through the alma mama campus and another campus on Saturday and saw many young women in disguises. Their costumes weren't sexy; they were slutty. Not only were the traditionally sexy costumes (nurse, maid, etc.) pushed beyond call-girl limits. The Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz was in an ass waving mini-crinoline. The lady cops could barely breathe for the skin-tight uniforms. Even the young lady soldier wore daisy duke fatigues. Hey, librarians and admin assistants who are tired of stereotypes. At least you're not nurses. We saw 2 separate "nurses" in pink vinyl uniforms. I guess that would make it easier to rinse off the blood, but where do you put the stethoscope? Of course, my friend and I clicked our tongues at the post-feminist non-feminist youth of today, even though she and I wore our share of sleazy outfits in college. Back then, it was all about showing legs. The baggy fashions of the times prevented us from bulging out of vinyl.

Earlier that evening we saw a couple dressed as cow and cowboy.