Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Friday, November 05, 2004

They Came From Bags: Cornography

Rice, Corn, Butter, Finger
One of my student workers told me she didn't quite approve of junk foods trying to taste like other junk foods, such as cotton candy flavored lollipops and bubble gum ice cream. I am neither for nor against such things in principle. For me, it's all about the execution.

I was about to grab my usual seven eleven snack, popycock, but my heart desired something lighter. There they were, The Rice Krispie Popcorn and the Butterfinger Popcorn. I chose both -- the ultimate in greedy indecision.

Rice Krispie Popcorn delivered all the label promised, the mellow marshmallow, the tender toasted rice things over a popcorn crunch base. Unlike a lot of caramel corn snacks, it didn't get my hands all sticky. Too bad it looked like upchucked chowder, a problem which I overcame by mindlessly scarfing it down without a second look.

Butterfinger Popcorn, however, was a disappointment. It sort of tasted like it's coated in the crispity stuff (anyone know the proper name for that compound?), but there was no chocolate. It wasn't even chocolat-y. Crispity without chocolate does not a Butterfinger make. So it was not scarf worthy and I never bothered finishing the little bag.