Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Some Stuff that Happened, Some Stuff I thought about

No time for the usual carefully crafted post this week.

Quiconque came down for Easter weekend. Mrs. Ass escaped from two pre-schoolers to join us on Friday. We gave hand massages and had not so brilliant discussion on theory of male sexual orientation and flexibility. We went out for treats. A bad waitress served us gigantic desserts very slowly.

While shopping on Saturday, Qui suffered (almost silently) through my indecision and love of beige. Later she successfully drove me to Aunt Liz's suburban home and back without incident. There, we enjoyed tender meats prepared by my aunt. Qui got to meet 2 of my aunts and my cousin. I took a risk and prompted Qui to share the butt growth anthro story with them, which turned out to be a great ice breaker since the aunts are both teachers, though engineer cousin remained silent. My cousin is much girlier than me, has a boyfriend and a fancy German car. I don't even have a fancy German boyfriend.

I tried to make a some boiled eggs for Easter breakfast, but I didn't boil them long enough for my tastes, so I put my egg in the micowave. Even though I slit its side, my poor egg exploded.

Then Qui left.

I called my grandma to wish her a Happy Easter. My aunt answered the phone and said, "Happy Resurection Day," as if we are all in grave danger of suddenly going pagan, what with the bunnies and eggs and all. Grandma, who is in her 90s, wasn't too thrilled about the holiday meal. She observed that you can have ham, turkey and such any time you like now, nothing special.

Did a little improv show on Easter night.

After watching the first season of Deadwood, I wonder how anyone can ever really know how much people cursed in the past. I love how the Deadwood people talk--a combination of Shakespeare, the King James Bible and a Junior High Boys bathroom circa 1985. According to Deadwood's writers, sex with mom and fellatio were much more common in the Wild West than John Ford would have had us believe.