Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

3-5 Years Experience

I keep telling myself that it's not impossible to find employment doing something other than what I'm doing now, but when I look at the on line job postings it seems just that--impossible. Everyone wants 3 to 5 years experience. Everyone wants someone whose education and career points to the job with laser focus.

If I could master time travel, go back to the 90's and undo all the things that make my resume so weird, then perhaps a mere writing job would be a bit beneath me. Perhaps, then, I should apply to be Mistress of Time Space Continuum, but that job probably requires 3 to 5 years experience as well. I would just be in another crazy loop, which is where I am now.

The thought of taking another admin job terrifies me. I read stories about admins who work their way up from the position, but I don't think I have it in me. It would so easily turn into more years of the same, never making enough money, constantly being asked where the donuts are...

Only one thing is certain: I cannot think my way out of this problem. Maybe I'll go back to the career coach or return to my school's previously useless career planning center.