Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Friday, December 09, 2005

Post New York Trip Dream Series

Who knows why my dreams had more themes going that Spike Lee's last feature film? Last night's dream ended with a series of Pennsylvania Dutch/Hillbilly caricatures floating above a mountain landscape. And Nothing that happened during my one day visit to Manhattan on Wednesday could have foreshadowed the freaky series of dreams I had on the night of my return. Alls I did was attend a long meeting, resist yarn store temptation in the garment district, and eat two seafood centered meals. (Thank you, Waterlilysage, for the snapper hash).

Wednesday night dream scenarios:
1. My People My People
I was in some kind of basement cafeteria/gym space with a dingy linoeum floor. Some dude kept trying to pick a fight with me, but when the guy in charge came down, the dude got in trouble for drinking soda. As I tried to leave this shelter/public school/community center/airport place, I was approached by the most pathetic family I'd ever seen. The youngest son had this Tiny Tim crutch, and he asked me to read him a story or play checkers or some such, while his dirty incrusted parents looked on opportunistically hoping that my friendship with this boy would lead to some material reward. The family followed me into a parking ramp. I thought about what I ought to do for them. What was the top priority? Water, food, the humanizing hospitality of checkers? I noticed another poor family was managing to leave the parking area on their own, the burly father carrying a child on his back. But the Tiny Tim group kept following me because they couldn't deal on their own. When I met up with my parents, I asked them for advice. My mom was pretty clueless. She was distracted with trying to get me into the building where I used to work.

2. ID Card
I was in line to enter the library with my mom, but something was wrong with my ID. It was frayed. Someone said that I'd better spell out my name completely, lest I be confused for the man behind me who had the masculine form of my name.

3. The Amazing defecation and the Cow Frog Tragedy
A research team was thrilled when a woman at long last, took a dump. They'd implanted all kinds of monitors and sensors everywhere and were monitoring its progress like NASA monitors a shuttle launch. There was great rejoicing when the movement was complete.

The woman's ability to poo was all thanks to the amazing hybrid Cow Frog. The woman adored cheese, but it gave her troubles until the advent of this new slippery skinned bovine. Their meat and milk were no trouble to her at all. The small herd of cow frogs were frightening, yet adorable. After a few sides of cow frog beef were loaded onto the back of the woman's pick up truck, she drove away to lead a happy life. But then the bad news came. A televised documentary showed how the next batch of cow frogs had failed. Calf tadpoles had clustered on an iron railing of someone's front porch, much like a bunch of frog eggs in a pond. They were developing well, but all of the sudden, the genes that controlled their skin began to fail. The producers of the documentary decided to cut away from the sight of the dying calfpoles. I asked my mom what she thought, but she was distracted by some landscaping issues.

4. Dueling Ultimate and a free Homophobic Concert
People were trying to play two different games of ultimate simultaneously on the front lawn of the house I grew up in. A group of Dominican looking teenage girls called their game Tropical Disc. I was the only one worried that the simultaneous games would lead to trouble. Meanwhile, across the driveway, these Caribbean musicians were giving a free concert. It seemed fine until they started to sing about how evil gays and lesbians were. I decided to throw clods of sandy dirt at them. The singers yelled at me for disrupting their freedom of expression. I said they were free to say whatever they liked, but I was free to express myself by throwing dirt at them. Then I told them to get off my property.