Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Lightly Frosted Christmas

I enjoyed a mellow, lightly frosted Christmas this year.

I arrived in my homeland late Wednesday night. The food options at the Detroit airport, where I had to change planes, were so paltry that I ate at the Taco Bell.

The next day, it actually snowed! Cool! Sadly, most of the snow that fell on Thursday and none of the dirty little snowmen that the local kids made survived the weekend. But I still appreciate the frosted mini wheat landscape that surrounds my parents house.

Before Christmas, I met the awesome Merland baby. She was so adorable, I couldn't help calling her "sugarpie." Sugarpie Merland immediately impressed me with her deterimination to demonstrate her sippy cup skills and chew my hand. With such strength, irresistably chubby cheeks, and a willingness to snuggle, she will be a force to be reckoned with.

Mom, Dad, and I went to MOA and saw the world's largest gingerbread house.

I had to go to church, but it was okay.

Christmas day was just fine. Mom sang carols. Dad tried to teach me some basic backgammon strategies. I watched Bravo's Top Chef marathon. We all shared a delicious beef dinner. I hope everyone else had a satisfactory Christmas, too.