Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Monday, November 20, 2006

Harvest Lesson

This past weekend I joined the scrabble crew for a day in the country. There, I enjoyed eating harvest-themed foods, playing with a baby, and discussing the nature of physical pain. Thanks to the host family toddler, I learned what to do with the mad that I feel: stomp my feet.

It's great to be able to stop
When you've planned a thing that's wrong,
And be able to do something else instead
And think this song:

I can stop when I want to
Can stop when I wish.
I can stop, stop, stop any time.
And what a good feeling to feel like this
And know that the feeling is really mine.
Know that there's something deep inside
That helps us become what we can.
For a girl can be someday a woman
And a boy can be someday a man.

-Fred M. Rogers

The only disappointment of this weekend was the butternut squash I made. I should have let it roast at least 10 minutes longer. But enough regret. If only Mister Rogers had a song about regret.

PS.

I forgot to mention the thrill of seeing hunters on the road and hearing the crack of not so distant rifle fire. Who says rural life is dull?