Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Saturday, March 03, 2007

Touched by a Hoagie

The weather just wrecked havoc over many parts of the country, but here and now, it's just gorgeous.

Some of my coworkers have noticed how it's the little, stupid things that bring joy. For instance, last week I was so pissed off at life that I could chew glass. Then, I tried a Vietnamese chicken hoagie, and for a moment, life was very good. People were good, because people had made the hoagie (not to mention the chicken's contribution), and the hoagie was so very good.

I said to my coworkers, it's great that we find happiness in little, stupid things because these things are all around us. Like Cadbury creme eggs, crossword puzzles, neat office supplies and cute birds chirping and stuff.

"But that's not really happiness," one coworker said. "That's pleasure."

Yeah, okay. Still, it's better to be able to find pleasure in little stupid things than to only find pleasure in big complicated things that are hard to come by.