Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Monday, June 04, 2007

Schwag Hag

This past weekend, I attended Book Expo America in NYC's ginormous Javits center. At BEA the book world gathers to hawk it's lofty wares. And that combination of culture and commerce makes for some pretty sweet tchotchies. While I didn't arrive at the event with an empty shopping cart (plenty of people did this), I did do my best to pick up as many choice freebies as I could when I wasn't staffing our booth and meeting with trade partners.

The best schwag was reserved for people who might actually order large quantities of books and related merchandize (book lights, furry pens, puppets, calendars, etc.), so I couldn't score the McGraw Hill tote bag of my dreams. However I did acquire these items:

A copy of the Quran and a piece of Turkish delight
scrumptious pomegranate lollipops
a CSPAN BookTV tote bag
the Worst-Case Scenario Survival Handbook for Kids
A bison-shaped cookie cutter
A meat guide
A stress relief squeeze toy shaped like Abe Lincoln

Ain't literacy grand?