Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Monday, June 18, 2007

So Clean You could Eat off it, but don't

I've just returned from a 4-day visit to Minneapolis. Dang, is that a clean town. Residents of other towns, especially Philly, should be forced to visit it while I shout at them through a megaphone. "You see?! You see?! See how much better your town could be if you'd only stop your wanton litering?!"

Of course, some people might be creeped out by the gleaming streets of the Twin Cities. They might find it unsettlingly false. Parts of it do look a bit like the set of Teletubies, especially the park beneath the new Guthrie Theater. And what would Fat Albert and the Junkyard Gang have done in Minneapolis, Philthadelphians might ask? I know, how about playing with clean things? How about maybe even getting to play actual musical intruments in their schools (at least during the 1970s, I don't know about now).

Still, litter and all, it's good to be back in my present home with my new stuff which is hopefully still in my apartment.