Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Putting the Ass in Assessment

During lunch hour, I went to the gym for my free goal fitness assessment.

First the gym guy took my pulse and weighed me. Next he made me do girl push-ups (can't do the guy ones yet), gut crunches, some kind of ham flexibility test, and 3 minutes of rhythmic stair stepping. Then he took my pulse again.

The astonishing thing about my assessment was finding out that I my physical condition measurements were mostly average compared to other women my age. I'm about as flexible as a ritz cracker in a drought, but my ability to do ab crunches was rated "excellent."

If my abs are excellent compared to other Americans, we are a flabby nation indeed. After the assessment, I went straight to Qdoba to use my coupon for a free quesadilla.

Today was day one of a ten-week goal fitness program. I wonder what they'll make me do next week.