Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Thursday, February 28, 2008

More Fashion Crap

For as long as I gave a dang, I've been confused about the term "short waisted." I thought I was short waisted, because most pants look like the dreaded mom jeans on me.

Now, thanks to this promotional knitting blog, I now know what short waisted really means . . . maybe.

"...measure from your "neckbone" (collarbone) to your waist, and then from your waist to your crotch. Compare the two measurements. Is your neck-to-waist measurement longer than your waist-to-crotch? This is the traditional definition of "long waisted." Other way around? Short waisted! This makes sense if you study yourself in the mirror: The closer your waist is to your armholes and bust, the shorter (higher) it is; the further away from your armholes and bust, the longer (lower) it is."

Of course, the comments on the promotional blog have a few quibbles with this definition.

The mom jeans effect stems from my shorter torso and the "legs that won't quit"/"where's the flood?" bottom, not from a short waist.