Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Monday, June 09, 2008

Social Swirl

All of the sudden I'm popular. At least that's the way it seemed last weekend. On Saturday, Mama Ass came over for breakfast and A/C installation. That afternoon, I enjoyed the return of the monthly scrabble fest at Yoko and Lipby's place. Next, I hoofed it to a bridal shower. And finally, MJP met me for a date.

As if that weren't enough activity for a weekend, on Sunday MJP and I took his offspring to the Philadelphia Museum of Art for cheap A/C and culture. Although the museum did have a special family education room with glue, sparkles, little pictures of Frida Kahlo, and awesome blocks, it could not compete with the violently spinning carny ride being offered for free just outside by a consumer bank. Ugh. My semicircular canals are still reeling.

After a tasty meal at Sabrina's, through which the offspring slept, we returned to my wee apartment to feed the kid some PB&J and Tito Puente. Then MJP kindly endured the post Odunde festival traffic and his child's "fresh" comments about her crotch to drop me off at my kickball game. And it was worth it because my team won.