Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Monday, September 15, 2008

A Weekend Weekend

Rest and relaxation made this past weekend special. Often, housekeeping and stuff make weekends more like work than a a day on the job. But this weekend, chores were put on hold. I didn't do laundry. I barely even spent time in a grocery store.

On Saturday, MJP and I checked out the Crumb show at the ICA and learned that there's only so much underground comic you can take in one visit. Later, we had a little picnic in Rittenhouse square. At night, we went to Second Saturday in Collingswood. Truth be told, we did run out of gas on the way back to Philly, but thanks to a Delaware Port Authority cop, we were back on the move in short order.

Yesterday I drove to Long Beach Island to hang out with Trix and Snacks. Sage and the Rizz were there, too. I watched baby clams scoot themselves into the sand. I stayed the night at Trix and Snack's beach house. This morning, I tried to catch a sunrise over the ocean, but I was a bit too late. Still, the dawn sky was spectacular and I did get to see a live crab in its natural habitat instead of in a market basket.

Now I'm back in Philly, thinking about chores again. Next weekend will definitely not be a weekend weekend because relatives are coming to town.