Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Tuesday, October 07, 2008

In Which I Stop Living a Lie

It seems I have time to futz around on facebook and check huffingtonpost.com every 30 seconds or so in while I'm in the office, but I don't have time to write a full fledged blog post.

Well, no more lying to myself. If I'm going to procrastinate, let me procrastinate productively with a post to Ashyknees' Time Killer. If I can't kill time on a blog called Time Killer, than perhaps life has no meaning.

So, here's what I've been doing in real life. Last Saturday, I journeyed to Bethesda, MD for the Small Press Expo. It was about time that I went to a comic book convention. Thanks to my dalliance with MJP, it finally happened. Yeah, there were a lot of pictures of squids, pin-up chicks, and characters with impossibly huge eyes, but they were so well done. At first, I was buying stuff left and right, playing the great art patroness, but then I ran out of cash. Below are links to some stuff that I wanted to buy, but couldn't. Maybe you'll buy some of this stuff.

www.benwalkerart.com
Aya and a bunch of other cool books from Drawn and Quarterly

After the show, I met up with an old college roommate who lives in MD. Before a tasty Thai dinner, we stopped in Tugooh, the best toy story I've ever seen. If you're in the DC area and need a fancy-ass wooden toy, you must go to Tugooh.

The Kid enjoyed staying in a hotel. She was especially fond of the ice machine in the hallway.

On Sunday, MJP took me and The Kid to the DC Mall for some culture. On the Mall, I learned that the Kid is powerfully drawn to fountains. The new ocean hall at the National Museum of Natural History is spectacular. This was my second visit to NMNH in which a pre-schooler in my party had a meltdown, so perhaps the museum is too spectacular. We also hit the National Museum of the American Indian, where I took advice from a staff member at and ordered the buffalo shank in the museum cafe. It was very satisfying. I've been obsessed with shank ever since. We caught the last day of a special Jim Henson exhibit, then it was time to head back home.

Well, back to work. Never mind, it's time to go home! I guess I'll take the work home with me.