Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Friday, November 14, 2008

Not Down with OPS: Other People's States

I just gave money to a political campaign in my home state, but I chose not to donate money for a tight race in another state. I also did not get involved in trying to kill the dreaded Prop 8, not even at the facebook level. Although local elections, ballot questions, and such may have national implications, I don't feel right about getting involved unless I have a personal connection to the region in question. While a financial contribution can certainly buy ads or pay staff to promote an person or a cause, I doubt that what one or even thousands of people in other places have to say about a local election is going to have much of an impact on voters in the locale in question.