Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Blog vs. Facebook

Even though I've become a frequent facebook user, I still enjoy posting to this blog. One of the main reasons for this is that the blog allows me to write at length about things that I don't necessarily want the facebook people to associate with my actual name.

While I am not under the misapprehension that anything I put on the internet is truly anonymous, (This blog certainly isn't. Pretty much everyone who reads it knows who I am.) I like to think my facebook profile and my blog operate in two separate spheres. The boundary between those spheres is porous, but it is still there.

Maybe I'll reach a point where I won't say anything online, under a pseudonym or not, that I wouldn't want my family or co-workers to hear. Until then, when I want to tell the world what I think about K-Y jelly, I have my blog.