Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Discomfort

For a lubricant, K-Y Jelly is very good at making me uncomfortable. Yet another of their advertisements has put me off.

First there was the television commercial in which a guy wearing loafers and no socks is reading the paper. The moment the "warming sensation" is mentioned, he looks up from his paper as if it suddenly dawned on him that sex might be a good thing. But the problem for me is the idea of a guy wearing loafers and no socks suddenly feeling frisky. Go wash your feet first, mister.

Next there was a pop-up internet ad which made a giant drop of K-Y jelly appear on my computer screen. I was just innocently surfing around, maybe looking at drugstore.com or something, then Plop! I get cyber lubed.

Now there's a new TV spot in which some Smedley guy says "she's a screamer." That ruins it. The shot of the woman standing next to a geyser is fine. It's charming. But Smedley needs to keep "she's a screamer" to himself.