Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Something Awesome

People are doing great things. I want to make something awesome happen for myself soon. I don't know what it is. I need to set aside some time and ask myself honestly what I truly want. This question terrifies me. When I am aware of what I truly want, then I must also be aware of the likelihood of obtaining what I want and the amount of effort required to get it.

In the past, it felt easier to give up on what I really wanted or to water it down in some way, and that lead to failure. I made the biggest mistakes in my life by distorting or destroying my own ideas about what I wanted to do in order to fit other people's definition of success. Instead of being practical about making my own dreams come true, I tried to live out other people's ideas. And when I failed at that, it became difficult for me to make any real plans.

It's true that many things are beyond my direct control. In some cases, all I can do is put myself in a position. All I can do is blow the seeds off the dandelion head and hope that some will sprout. It's not hopeless. Look at all the dandelions out there.