Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Friday, May 28, 2010

Limburger

Limburger
I asked a guy to dance with me at a social dance--not a night club, but a place I think most people go just to dance and have platonic good times. He said, "No thanks, I'm tired." Then during the same song, he started dancing energetically with a friend he ran into. And when I new song started, he asked someone else to dance. And I was offended. I should have stood up and sang, "Why won't you dance with me? I ain't no limburger!"

I've danced with limburger. I've danced with guys who don't smell bad, but who are drenched in sweat. I've danced with women. I take all comers. But it appears that Mr. LeTired does not share my open door policy of social dance, a policy that was based on many etiquette talks given by the organizers of this particular dance organization.

Dancing with me can't be described as a pure delight. And not long ago, I went through a phase of being wretched even for a beginner. But honestly I am much better now. And I'm better in part because I danced with lots of people. I can't get better unless I dance more. And I can't always dance with the same guys from my cohort (the people who sort of started dancing at the same time I did).

Anyway, Mr. LeTired probably did not intend to offend me. I imagine his main goal was to not dance with me, and if I didn't like it, too bad. And when people he wanted to dance with appeared, again his intentions had nothing to do with me. Of course he would rather dance with his friends. Of course he would rather dance with people with his level of prowess. But I have my own aims, and I don't like to have someone get in the way of those aims.