Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Saturday, April 03, 2010

Is half-assed better than none?

Today I came to a new understanding of how crappy some of my work has been (not from my supervisor, oddly enough), and this doesn't feel great. I am grateful for the frank criticism, but I also feel ashamed for doing work of inconsistent quality. I produced several pieces and while some are decent, others are just crap. And it's no surprise that some of the work wasn't good enough. In some cases, it was rushed and poorly planned. Some mistakes were unavoidable, but many were not.

Anyway, looking back at this set of projects and knowing that they aren't so good as a whole, I try not to regret taking on the projects. After wasting years avoiding new challenges because I knew that I tend to rush things or forget simple but important parts of a task, I don't want to stop taking on exciting projects because I might goof up.

So I made some stuff that was kind of half-assed. I wasn't making airplane parts or anything critical like that, still, it was half-assed and I was aware at the time I was making these things that really, they could be better. And so, I must improve. But I don't regret taking on the task.

Somethings should be done right or not at all. With other things, there's a greater margin of error.