Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Saturday, March 20, 2010

Frog Control

If you take the saying "You've got to kiss a few frogs before you meet your prince" to heart, beware. Frogs who are not really princes and frogs who are really assholes do not magically disappear after you try kissing them. Some of these creatures will try to kiss again.

I really don't like to tell men off in public but if this man approaches me again I guess I will have to. Hopefully he won't start cursing me out or accuse me of some crime of snobbery. If I'm a snob because I don't want to get involved with an older man who appears to be high most of the time and doesn't have a working phone, then so be it.

This man lives very close to me, so I see him in the neighborhood. Today, he saw me in the park and came up to me and tried to land a kiss on my lips. I turned my head away, but he still got my cheek. He was with one of his feckless looking friends. "I've been drinking," he said sheepishly. "Yeah, you've been drinking," I said and walked away. I washed my face as soon as I got home.

It's so fucking stupid I can't believe it. I go out with this guy for one beer (which I paid for) in the spirit of openness. Now I have to deal with this son of a bitch. It's making me very hateful.

Women who won't go out with guys who can't pay for a meal aren't necessarily gold-diggers. That meal is like a security deposit. It shows that the guy is considerate and capable. If a grown man can't pay for your entree or even your coffee, then he's probably got serious problems. Even a decent man who has been laid off should demonstrate some kind of consideration if he wants to start a relationship or just get some.