Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Saturday, March 13, 2010

"Only Boring People Get Bored."

I am trying very hard not to be bored right now. I just realized that the things I am doing to avoid boredom are actually pretty boring, knitting and laundry. As much as I love knitting, it will never be on a list of most exciting activities. And the project I am working on now is a no-brainer. And doing laundry always feels like a punishment. I watched 2 episodes of 30 Rock. I am on facebook, overcommenting and reading dispatches from people's vacations. And now I'm writing this brilliant thing.

Why is boredom so awful? It is oppressive. It feels like it's smothering my brain. When I am bored, I will eat. I will eat the most delicious thing I can get my hands on with very little effort . Usually, I will eat cereal or toast, which is ironic because these are some of the least exciting foods I know.

So I am guilty of being bored and boring. And I think I will go out in the wind and damp and get some decent food because being uncomfortable is sometimes better than being bored.