Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Oil Change

I've been using olive oil as a daily hair conditioner for a while. It's relatively inexpensive, my hair absorbs it quickly, it doesn't seem to clog up my pores, and it leaves my hair soft the whole day. There's only one significant problem. Olive oil smells like olive oil. Sometimes it reminds me of that episode of the Dick Van Dyke Show where Rob dreams that his hair has turned into lettuce. I feel like I've got a salad on my head.

Finding a better oil is going to take some experimentation. Jojoba is a bit pricey and the viscosity is too low. Coconut and shea butter are a bit too waxy for daily use. They make my hair feel sticky.

If it's not too expensive, I think I'm going to switch to almond oil for a while. Or maybe a light olive oil won't be as fragrant. If the oil is only going on my head, not inside by body, I probably don't need all the "goodness" of the extra virgin olive oils.