Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Monday, November 15, 2010

Like Marlene Dietrich

I want to cultivate the skill of getting people to take decent photographs of me. This would be easier if I was shorter or I could convince people to stand on chairs when taking the shot. Here are some ideas.

Fight natural tendency to face away from the sun.
Suck it in!
Shoulders back. I'm all slouchy like LaVerne DiFazio in too many of my pictures.
Get a more flattering sports bra. (I like to have my picture taken when I am doing sporty things outdoors so I'm usually dressed for comfort.)

What I can't figure out is where to put my face. Should I point my chin down and away from my neck? What I'm doing now, sticking my chin up and out, isn't working. Would it be better to hold my face at an angle or give full frontal face?

The internet will have answers.