Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Saturday, March 20, 2004

Nuptual Resin Dog

Last fall, a dear college friend married a really super lady. They registered for the customary household gifts, yet among the gifts listed was a 22 inch German Shepard. I resolved to buy it for them. Too often, we wind up buying wedding gifts that never evoke memories of us. Like, how many times will my high school pal look at her salad bowl and think of me? Would I even want her to? By putting this german shepard on the gift registry, my dear friend and his special lady were giving their loved ones a shot at wedding gift immortality.

So I dragged another friend to the Mahattan BB&B in search of this dog, because it wasn't available through their on line catalog. It turns out, it's not available in their stores anymore, either. So, I may be forced to send them this substitue item.
Perhaps, I should just be content with the silpat and salad spinner I sent them. It's not so bad to be remembered everytime a friend makes cookies or dries lettuce.