Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Sunday, April 04, 2004

coming down from percocet

Quiconque and I were wondering why people get addicted to pain killers like percocet? because my experience with them wasn't so fun. It wasn't until I stopped taking them that I came to understand their evil powers. Since I'm no longer in danger of experiencing hellacious toe pain, I thought, well, who needs these pills anymore? They just make me want to take naps. But that's when the grumpy percocet withdrawl gremlins jumped out of the pill vile, knocking my noggin with their nasty little mallets. "Take another pill and we'll go away. Nothing like the hair of the dog to get rid of your grumps. Yes, why not take a pill? What's another harmless little nap? Your doctor wants you to rest." Ahhh! Damn you, pills!

I had to escape from the soft hell that is my bedroom and hobble to this lab. So now I'm in the video lab listening to the tall girls as they make a highlight reel of the basketball season. (These are nice, strapping girls; they want shots of the whole team doing cool stuff, not just the stars. It takes big women to make a big video.)Now I am safely surrounded by healthy sportive young people. God bless 'em.

And while the blessings are going around, thanks to Melba Lee and Snacks for stopping by and watching some vintage Spike Jonze videos with me. And to Pony Girl for her history phone calls. And to Quiconque for listening to me ramble. And mom for sending me fruit and flowers. Gremlins don't stand a chance against pals like these.