Ashyknees' Time Killer

The author is willing, but her punctuation is weak.

Monday, March 22, 2004

Party for the President

I guess it was a couple of years ago. I took an online survey so I could get a free sample of Nestle's Quik, then suddenly, I'm on the RNC email list. Now they're sending me emails like crazy. Here's one that declares April 29th official Party for the President Day:


...Hosting a party is easy and it doesn't cost a thing. Click below to learn more:
http://www.GeorgeWBush.com/Party/

WHERE: Your home, the coffee shop, local diner, etc. A Party for the President can be as easy as inviting your neighbors for a cup of coffee, BBQ or casual conversation.

WHEN: Thursday, April 29th at 8:00pm EST. For parties with 5 or more guests who RSVP at GeorgeWBush.com, National "Party for the President" Day will include a conference call with a senior campaign leader. This special guest will answer questions and deliver a political briefing on the progress of the campaign.

WHY: ...all party hosts receive a special package from the campaign with an exclusive Bush-Cheney '04 video, bumper stickers, other campaign materials and a letter from President Bush...

Sincerely,

Ken Mehlman
Campaign Manager


If you go to the website, you can find the locations of nearby Party for the President Parties using your zip code. Looks like I'd have to travel a little bit to get to the party nearest to me, but that's okay. I'll be sure to stop by with a case of non-alcoholic beer and an assault rifle. What will you bring?

This whole thing is just begging to be subverted, guys. Should I sign on for a free party pack and host my own special party for w?